Being committed truly does mean that there is no in between.
You're either in, or you're out.
Then you wake up in the morning, have a cup of coffee, watch a bit of news, check your email, get dressed, check your calendar, get to work, etc.
Around 2 pm – after lunch before the end of the work day – you suddenly realize that you didn't do one single thing related to your commitment!
Here are 3 tips that I use to help me stay on track:
1. Just for Today: I begin the day, every day, with a simple statement that Just for Today I will…and this is the list of things that I must do today to stay on track. Examples include:
- Listen to audio of successful people
- Read to learn something new
- Write a blog post
2. Read Your Commitment: I wrote out my commitment/goal on the computer and printed it. It has become a part of my morning routine and helps me to remember what I committed to doing or accomplishing.
3. Replace the news with an online video related to your commitment: I subscribe to YouTube videos that are related to what I am committed to. Example: Yoga for Beginners is one of many videos that I watch because I want to be focused, calm and ready for the day and have found that the beginner videos are great for helping me do this.