Well, we've all been there. Scrambling to find money to pay the rent, or an electric bill, or the dentist bill. Somehow, the paycheck just didn't make it as far this week as we thought it would. I remember those days well! They weren't that long ago, either.
If you're still in ‘those' days, needing to find cash fast, here are a few ideas for you to consider:
1. Hire yourself out as a sitter – house sitter, pet sitter, child sitter. The going rate, in general, is $15/hour. Post something on social media (Facebook. Twitter) and text all your friends and ask them to spread the word.
2. Sell plasma. Check out the local clinic in the largest city closest to you and you can get up to $35.
3. Sell something on Craigslist. Though I will caution that it will only sell quickly if it's a popular, hard to find item.
4. Return a recent purchase. Have you removed the tags from the clothing you purchased this past week? If not, return them. Same for anything you have a receipt for and original packing for.
5. Find an online gig. oDesk.com, MechanicalTurk.com, Elance.com and a few others are excellent places to get quick cash. I use oDesk to outsource many of my projects and here is my advice if you want to find work: complete your profile with as many examples of your work as possible, apply to jobs that suit your skills & send a custom cover letter, be willing to interview via Skype, don't waste the employer's time (applying just because you need work) because the employer will remember you as a liar…not as a person needing work.
6. If you have an extra room in your house, consider taking in a temporary boarder. Depending on the type of house you have and your location, rent a room or the house/apartment on AirBnB.com. Well, this is more long term than short term, but still a good idea.
7. Desperate? Truly desperate? Tap into your 401(k) or IRA. NOT recommended as anything but a last resort because the taxes and penalties will kill your long term financial freedom. But, having done it myself, I do understand being desperate.
8. Pawn something. You provide collateral in exchange for a loan that is payable in 30 days plus interest. If you want the collateral back, you pay back the loan with interest in the allotted time. If you're okay with not getting the collateral back, then you owe nothing and the pawn shop has the right to sell your collateral to someone else.
Emergency Over – Now What?
Hey, once you're past desperate and gotten the emergency taken care of, what now?
What if…you didn't have to experience the crisis again?
What if…you were never late on a bill again?
What if…you were able to pay cash for clothing when you needed it?
What if…you were able to pay cash for the dental work you want done?
What if…you didn't have to ‘go without' to make sure your family had enough?
What if…you could learn how to do internet marketing the right way so that you could be an internet entrepreneur, too?
If you're ready to stop dreaming about the ‘what if' and start doing something about it, it's time to join my team.
We are a team of internet marketers running our individual businesses using the internet to get customers.
It's not spammy.
But it does take knowledge and understanding.
We will teach you how and while you're learning you can be earning an income.
Start small with a blog and team of bloggers who can help.
Go a bit bigger and jump in with a business that is ready to go.
Either way, now is the best time to start. And you won't be alone!